The best thing to do is to educate them about such things.
So, how do you as a parent go about that?
Find age-appropriate resources to describe the subject. It may be about sex, drug, money, power, fame, influence etc.
Please, don’t be a parent who just says INTERNET IS BAD, SEX IS BAD, DRUGS IS BAD, I WILL KILL YOU IF I CATCH YOU EITH BAD FRIWMDS.
all these do not truly work of the normal youngster. Infavt they are more likely to trigger curiosity which is their biggest drive for knowledge. The child who truly just falls for this approach will be laid back in many things in life. It means you have succeeded in shutting down the ability for creative thinking, analytical thinking, critical thinking and discretion. The child’s future life will be lack dynamism.
Many who boasted of this approach yesterday later found out that they though so because their children had succeeded in concealing things and mastered pretense.
You may be asking, ‘Coach Gideon how do I go about it’?
Well, is is very simple. I will be with some lovely teenagers this morning. It is a Power and Brothers Sunday.
Use these tips in sequence.
- Name, define and describe the object of discussion. Tell them what it is and what it is not.
- Tell them the prescribed jurisdiction of use
- Describe and explain the benefits when it is done within the jurisdiction
- Define the abuse and misuse according to the law and ultimately according to GOD’s standard
- Tell them the bait, thrills catch points the predator will want to use to lure or entice them to be part of it
- Tell them the luring is wanting benefit without satisfying condition. It is cheating and backfires.
- Teach them to delay gratification. Fasting is am example. Resting while work is left undone is not ideal
- Analyse the negative impact when abused (addiction, control, lack of focus, disorientation etc)
- Show them with excitement and examples what the joy and reward of staying away and delaying gratification for proper use
- It is also very importsnt to let them know that you will be there in case any of their friends falls victim of such. And that while you do not approve but condemn such act, you will not condemn but help the person involved.
- Don’t make the mistake of giving them the option of being such a person
- Tell them how proud and confident you are of them never to fall into such acts
- But drop it slightly that while you may help the person with the way forward, the person will most likely live with the regrets for the rest of their lives.
- And also that the person will not be proud to proud to tell boast before his or her own children just like you are boasting before them today.
- Teach them the value if integrity, living a life they can always be proud of telling there children about tomorrow
I think these few tips will help.
INFACT, WHAT KIND OF PARENTS ARE THOSE WHO CANT DO WITHOUT DIRTY THINGS?
PARENTS WHO PREFER EXPOSING THEIR CHILDREN TO TRASH INSTEAD OF KILLING THEIR OWN APPETITE FOR NONSENSE.
Would you love to see your own children acting the trash you go about watching?